Thursday, January 17, 2008

Spirit Compells

Gen 38

Reading about Er and Onan, you find out how important Judah knew linage and birthrights were. The whole be 'fruitful and multiply' thing was taken very seriously and custom was for the brother to step in and continue the family name, secure the birthright, keep the family land, and give security to the woman, who in those days would have been nothing, on her own.

Mark 1

12(K)Immediately the Spirit impelled Him to go out into the wilderness.

The spirit of God works quickly, immediately. I think sometimes, we try to outthink God. I am sometimes Compelled to do something...and wonder why, what if i dont...and once i start second guessing....its usually over. Its tough for me to recover and hear God again. I've heard many times about the 'still small voice' and admittedly, that is how I usually hear from God. WE are all endwelled by the same Holy Spirit, that impelled Jesus to the wilderness......lets listen to Him today.

God, thank you that you are with us, you make your home....your dwelling inside each and every believer. God I pray for protection over these men, guard their hearts, their families and allow your Spirit to guide all our decisions (big and small). Thank you for Jesus and salvation.

2 comments:

Shane said...

Nice - thanks for the reminder of immediate obedience - I do not want to miss out on something the Lord had for me.

Bartley Family said...

Good word and happy birthday even if it is very late. amy b