Monday, January 07, 2008

Why do we doubt?

Matt 21:20When the disciples saw this, they were amazed. "How did the fig tree wither so quickly?" they asked.

WHY? Seriously...WHY?
Do we not recognize God's mightiness? His power? His Sovereignty? His Dominion? I mean c'mon....Peter, John, Matthew....guys....you have seen him heal the sick, make dead men rise, turn water to wine, make the blind see, why is it so hard to understand and see that Jesus, who is God's son, can wither a fig tree. Why do we continually question, when we see his mighty works. Why, like the disciples, do we insult the Creator day after day with our faithlessness. Brandon talked about living on mission last night, and I for one have been reluctant to ever do that. Honestly I dont know that I ever trusted my Heavenly Father enough with the very life He gave me.....to put all my eggs in that basket.

I, like the disciples, have seen God's hand at work. I have seen him heal marriages, I have seen him cure disease, I have seen him heal and change sinners to servants. I have witnessed the Holy Spirit come into a place and take over, God has change my life dramatically....so why would i ever doubt or question....yet i do... God forgive me.

Genesis 30- Jacob, after years of service, cut a deal with Laban...who has nothing but his own interests at heart. Laban allowed Jacob to name his own price since he knew Jacob was honest and would understate his own value. Jacob then used his vast experience and understanding of herdsmanship to cultivate the deal so that he would be justly provided for. The same skill and knowledge that grew Labans own portfolio, Jacob now worked to take care of his own.


Last night was awesome, to be in the presence of God, to be with my new church, to "shout to the lord", and hear His word. I know God was there...and He inhabited the praises of His People.

No comments: