Friday, October 26, 2007

God's Song

Zephaniah 3

The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh, MY God is with me, saves me, delights in me…he quiets me…..he rejoices over me….with Singing. This is the picture of the calm within the mighty storm. All this corruption and vileness warrants correction and destruction YET….my God sings over me.

This has always been one of my favorite verses….maybe in all the CRAP that is going on in the ‘world’ I find it comforting that my God can retreat with me, make me lay down by still waters, make me ‘be still’ and not only do I get to worship my God, but He gets to minister to the unrest in my soul. Singing is soothing…and a song from God through His Spirit that lives within me…to my soul…..ahhhhh. At the risk of sounding girly, I can be driving along, hear a song….start singing it…and I feel that. It brings a tear to my eye, and a lump in my throat. When my dad died…I was walking one morning, and I couldn’t speak to God…I wanted to…but I couldn’t, then ‘It is well with my soul’…pierced through….made me well up…and God comforted me. As I walked I was singing aloud…and crying, what a FREAK!.....i didn’t get caught tho…whew!

Hebrews 5
If you had been a priest in the order of Melchizedek, you were the highest of the high priest…..well God placed Jesus over that order. Keep in mind, Paul is mainly setting up the deity of Christ in this book to Jews. He is tearing down the all the presuppositions of Jews. Angels, Moses, now Melchizedek….who’s next? Not Abraham! Wait on it…HA.

No comments: