Monday, October 29, 2007

Todays reading

Haggai 1
Is very compelling...so compelling that once the Word came down from the Lord...the Jews cut through the red tape at City Hall and began construction of God's temple in 21 days. Probably because they feared the Lord, but also because the Lord hadn't been blessing them.
Verses 5-6 Now this is what the LORD Almighty says: "Give careful thought to your ways. You have planted much, but have harvested little. You eat, but never have enough. You drink, but never have your fill. You put on clothes, but are not warm. You earn wages, only to put them in a purse with holes in it."
Basically, you have worked...for works sake, but possibly not gotten to take part in the blessing. How long could you plant crops and not take part in the harvest? I know farmers who have bad years and good years. And the good years really keep them going. The bad years can pay for the hired hands and possibly buy next years seed and fertilizers, but when the "HARVEST" comes in, the bumper crop...you get to buy new tractors, trucks, toys, fix up the barn, and the house, take momma to New York. Imagine....never having a good harvest.
I'd be building God his temple too.....

Hebrews 6
Has always been a passage that I like to poke around when i become too proud of myself. Its one that I have a hard time landing on exactly. Is it talking of apostacy or backsliding?
Well I read the passage again this morning (with all my preconceived notions) and i did notice one thing (not new) that I either glaze over or whatever. The preceeding therefore...what is it there for?
The writer has HAD IT...with his audience. He believes they should be teaching and not going over the basics. This concept of "losing your salvation" seems to have been on the mind of the audience. And the word I get here in the first part of 6 is.....Listen.....quit your waffling. You have nothing to worry about. Lets get on with the Baptisms,Healings, Getting others to join us....and quit worrying whether you are "Born again", you are.

I stayed up too late last night looking at the kiva.org website. I love the stories on there...it was very exciting to see that two of my people I invested in raised ALL their money last night in the few hours i slept.

No comments: