Wednesday, October 24, 2007

agnostic......doesnt matter

Zephaniah 1:12 At that time I will search Jerusalem with lamps and punish those who are complacent, who are like wine left on its dregs,who think, 'The LORD will do nothing, either good or bad.'

God not only opposes those who oppose Him...no response to God...is the same as a negative response to God.
I have been impressed with 'eternal perspective' over the last couple of days. Its always there for me...but more so as i think about everyone who lives for now...who act as if this is all there is. We need to scream..."you are created for eternity" not just 75-80 years...Eternity people!

The reason why people think God will do nothing, is because they don't believe that God is. That whatever they feel or see or do is what is. Complacency toward God is rebellion. Its not acknowledging that the very life we have and the air we breathe are the Creation. I guess I like the fact that I answer to God. I like the fact that I am not the end of me.

Hebrews 3;
Remember, the writer of Hebrews is talking to Jews....now he is saying, that Jesus...is greater than MOSES! Angels....ok...but Moses? Builder (creator) of the house.....better than the house. Let us always remember that. Austin New Church must stay grouded in the Word, Kingdom focussed, eternally minded, and never lose sight of the Creator of the Church

No comments: