Sunday, October 28, 2007

Gigged

I was invited to the A&M-Kansas game yesterday in college Station. My buddy had tickets for he and I and our older boys. So the six of us set out for College Station and arrived early enough to meet up with a former player...Thomas Carriger..who played both Tight End and Defensive End for the Aggies (03-05). As he walked us through the Steed Center (which is the workout facility and the area the players stretch before games) he pointed out the "Hall of Fame" boards. On those boards were the players who had achieved all time best status at A&M. Thomas occupied the highest bench press for a TE ever! And was second all time as a DE. The thing that jumped out to me was there we only two people remaining on the board from the 80's. (my era)
Thomas was very proud of the fact, as he should be, that he held those records. I didn't have the heart to tell him that, in 20 years, all those records woud be broken by the new studs.
Anyway, the game wasn't that good and the 19-11 score didn't represent the fact that Kansas had dominated the game.
After the game which ended around 10:00 p.m. we drove back to Corpus. I let John start out driving home (since I was stopped twice for speeding on the way up (but didn't get a ticket)) until I noticed him swerving,running over those noisy things on the side of the road, and scratching his head and stretching. I didn't want to die, so I asked him to let me drive home as well. We got home around 3:00 a.m.

All that said, I saw a decent football team and a great band.

1 comment:

Shane said...

doesn't john go to bed at 10pm?

good move - driving.

not a good game at all - but fun to be there, i am sure