Friday, June 06, 2008

Sometimes your inspiration is in Hollywood

I read Romans 13 this morning and was a bit distracted by emails, me being around the house, kids being around the house...Nascar 2008 screaming in the playroom upstairs, kids packing for camp....and I figured out why.

Facebook.

Yep... a guy I knew in Corpus when we were in High School, is a friend on my facebook page. We havent communicated much if at all, other than adding each other. But today I see that he is a believer....an assumption I made when I see that he is part of a group memorizing Romans 8. What makes this story more intriguing to me is that he is an actor in Hollywood.

This guy, living the dream, surrounded by 'the world' and there he is...a professing believer, in Hollywood, reading and memorizing from the same book of the bible I am currently studying. So I acknowledge him this morning..and say...
"A believer in Hollywood....is it true?
Keep up the good fight!"

To which he replies:
"A believier in hollywood- TRUE!

And a good fight it is, but as I pray to God: To be a bright light in dark places.
Hebrews 13:2"

the very book and chapter I am in today.....thanks God! ***Note, I am in Romans not Hebrews...still good stuff****

Romans 13:12-14 The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in orgies and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy. Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature.

God thanks for a reminder that this fight isnt against man.....but against The Enemy. I pray for Clint this morning who stands as a beacon in dark place....not so dissimilar from where we are. But I pray that he loves others and represents you to a lost world. What a platform you have given him...and as an approved workman....he is not ashamed.
Lord protect us from Satan and his schemes. Clothe us in Jesus' righteousness. Amen

No comments: