Saturday, June 28, 2008

No contact, reality, lost bags

Well, its been almost a week...ok maybe more than a week and I haven't written a thing. I pretty much checked out other than a couple of calls to my kids.
Alaska was a blast...and at least in the summer is a beautiful place to be. With the exception of one coffee shop in Sitka, everyone was super nice and we did and saw so many things for the first time.
Glacier Bay was by far the prettiest place I have seen on this planet.

Over Jennys left shoulder is a glacier that is 5 miles away..and 1 mile wide (just to give you a little perspective). It blew me away...just seeing the size and magnitude and beauty God made...that so few people will ever see, let alone hang out in ... and enjoy. Glacier Bay is a National Park and the number of cruise ships are allowed to be in the bay are regulated.
Zip Lining through and over the canopies of 150 foot trees was, by far, one of my most thrilling moments. And The Hatmakers, the Comstocks and the Pruets on 6 Vespas in the streets of Victoria BC...was one of the funniest experiences to date....So needless to say, we had a lot of fun.
To see more pics go to http://alaskaanniversary.site.shutterfly.com/
But we came crashing back to reality when we arrived in Austin with NO luggage. Neither the Pruets nor the Hatmakers received one of our 8 pieces of checked luggage. UPDATE....I just got a call that the airline would be delivering out our bags within the next couple of hours. Now the reality of washing clothes sets in.
Jenny is going to pick up the kids in Corpus this afternoon...and return in the morning. I am excited to see them. I have to stay in Austin to go to Luis and Zoes rehearsal...for their wedding tomorrow! Cool.

No comments: