Friday, July 16, 2010

Discipline - Hebrews 12

Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father? If you are not disciplined (and everyone undergoes discipline), then you are illegitimate children and not true sons. Hebrews 12:7-8

Being disciplined is never fun. I remember as a child….after being disciplined, laying in my room afterward ‘hating’ my mom and dad. It wasn’t that I hated them….it was that I hated the necessary process of receiving discipline. I guess part of me still does.

Here, the writer of Hebrews reminds us that feeling we had as children….and to endure it….because it is good to receive discipline. It is a sign of love.

You have to question a parent that NEVER disciplines their child…..allowing them to wreak havoc in their own lives and run wild.

God, thanks for disciplining me….loving me and treating me as a son.....even tho it sucks.

No comments: