Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Standing - 2 Thessalonians 2

I don’t mind telling you, I have no clue on the first part of this passage. I have read commentaries, but I am still skeptical of guys who say they know. I have my personal beliefs on End Time Prophecies, the anti-Christ and the Rapture….but not good enough to stand on them and say….this is how it’s going to go down.

I think the point Paul was making….was “Hey, it’s not already happened. Don’t turn away from your new faith because of something you may have heard.” And he gave reasons that I guess were revealed to him by God.

But I do like this;
…brothers, stand firm and hold to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter. 2 Thessalonians 2:15

Like we pointed out yesterday, not a lot of us are under much persecution in the traditional sense of the word…..but lets remember that the “Body of Christ” as a whole is….that “the secret power of lawlessness is already at work” ….and we are part of that body.

If you don’t understand what that secret power is……it’s SIN. We don’t need to look any farther than our own lives, marriages, relationships, pride, thought lives, hoarding, not trusting God, addictions, the stuff we do….but also the stuff we don’t do.

Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins. James 4:17

No comments: