Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Psalm 50 – God’s Hunger

Psalm 50 – God’s Hunger

12 If I were hungry I would not tell you

This is God speaking to Israel….and this is so profound…yet we do things for God all the time as if he needs us.
Israel believed that God was pleased with their sacrifices….when in fact, he in essence says, you are continually sacrificing to me…how bout instead, you live in communion with me….know me…pray to me…and be thankful in the blessings you do have, the victories you do win and the family and friends you have.
We do the same things….to keep God at bay. We do just enough. We offer up some crappy prayer at dinner….sometimes. We give a little something in the plate, and we try NOT to cuss. I bet God is so impressed with us!
The God who created the universe and everything in it…..doesn’t need our sacrifice….he wants the very things that he leaves us as stewards of; our time, our love, our finances, our relationships and our hearts.
It’s so true though….if God was hungry, do we think we could create a meal fitting for God? Something to appease His appetite? Do we think that with everything God has to choose….he would ask me to cook him dinner?
I am thankful I am not saddled with that task….that he brings ME into his banqueting table…and his banner over me is LOVE.

1 comment:

Trace said...

This is awesome.