Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Esther 1 – Behind the Scenes

Esther 1 – Behind the Scenes
I am a HUGE Esther fan. I guess reading this first chapter the thing that Lord is laying on my heart is how he is constantly working. Behind the scenes, when we are sleeping, when we are unaware, in other believers, in those that don’t claim God…..He works. And like in;
Romans 8, I believe that He “works for the Good of those who love him and been called according to his purpose.”
We will learn later on….all that is unfolding for Esther…and how God plans to use her to save his people….and she isn’t even aware of it right now.
Back in 1998, I was at a place in my life that was very distant from where I am right now. I was a believer, but nominal at best…one that Christ would have spewed from him his mouth….neither Hot or Cold.
God was using circumstances and people that I believe don’t even know him (or at least they didn’t act like they did) to draw me closer to Him. He placed people in my life, who pointed me to Him, challenged my faith, my convictions, and who I thought God was.
I have been on that journey ever since. Sometimes closer than others….but realizing that I am not the center of my universe…..God is.
I honestly believe that God is preparing EVERYONE…for works of service….it’s just a matter of obedience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crazy thing is I just watched the story of Esther on the Discovery channel early morning on Saturday. -Tabby