Thursday, January 08, 2009

Stripped- Psalm 14

Psalm 14: 1 The fool says in his heart, "There is no God."

I dunno, I was thinking this morning. The bible says the foolish believe there Is no God, and the atheists say to believe in God is foolish….you wonder why there are so may people who just wanna fly below the radar.

Honestly, there aren’t THAT many vocal atheists. Most Christian’s too, by their own admission would tend to be less outspoken. So I just wonder if the apathy and the silence is due to just ….self-preservation. I don’t want to be/appear foolish so therefore I’ll remain silent.

Christian….WE DON’T HAVE THAT LUXURY!

Remember just a few short weeks ago we read….

2 Samuel 6:22 I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes.

David would dance and leap for the Lord in a manner reserved for fools.

Last night in community group, we talked about the posture of humility. It might all do us some good to wash some feet…to get us in that pride-less posture before those we serve.

God, strip me of my pride (gently) so that I might relate to, find commonality with and be better equipped to serve those you have called us to serve.

No comments: