Monday, January 26, 2009

Higher Plane - Nehemiah 6

Many times the enemy uses friends and foes alike to distract us. How many times has a well-meaning person been a distraction from the work we know we are suppose to be doing?
Nehemiah’s example is to focus even more on the task at hand….and even call on God to strengthen his hands….so that he could do even more work.

I think something Nehemiah knew, that we should remember is that, when we get close to our goal….or whatever God has called us to do…the more “warfare” we will encounter. And it doesn’t always look like warfare either.
Sometimes it an email, veiled in concern, wrapped in gooey compliments…and then…. a divisive element.
My response all too often is knee-jerk, defensive …and sometimes offensive. We would be wise to follow Nehemiah’s response;
"I am carrying on a great project and cannot go down. Why should the work stop while I leave it and go down to you?"

Something I just realized…that last sentence….why should I stop and go down to you….isn’t one of superiority…but in the instance of the email….one of a higher plane. Why should I stoop to the level that you are drawing me to. Conversely, we need to be careful NOT to be used to divide, or confuse, or quench the spirit.

I think Nehemiah’s discernment allowed to see the motives of those who would cause him harm, disguised as a meeting of the minds, and just allowed Nehemiah more resolve and focus.
Holy Father, give us wisdom and discernment. Reveal your plans to us and give us supernatural insight into those who may distract or cause us to stumble.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you believe in miracles?

Tray said...

absolutely