Thursday, November 06, 2008

Hey Abner, right here!

1 Samuel 26:13 Then David crossed over to the other side and stood on top of the hill some distance away; there was a wide space between them. 14 He called out to the army and to Abner son of Ner, "Aren't you going to answer me, Abner?"

David had a string of spiritual battles…and apparently he has come out on the right side. Each time his vengeance was turned away….and David allowed God his timing.

But I wonder about the condition of David’s heart, that he taunts both Abner and Saul. I don’t even know if it is his heart….but maybe just his flaw, the crazy way he is wired. The Lord has just made a transformation in his heart, from hatred and killing to honoring and sparing, and he takes the opportunity to at best, taunt….but more likely make a fool of the King and the general of his army. Sounds like something I would do. Reminds me a bit of a scene from Braveheart!

No comments: