Thursday, August 27, 2009

Psalm 92 – Finish Strong

Psalm 92 – Finish Strong

I really don’t consider myself old. I seriously feel and behave like I’m in my 20’s (aside from the naps). But as a 42 year old dude, I am the guy, who 15 years ago…I was wanting to emulate. I think it is so important to be an example, to finish strong…and I pray like the Psalmist here is saying….that my latter years are even more productive than my earlier ones.
Verse 14 states (The Righteous) will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green.
Knowing that it’s Christ’s Righteousness that allows us to bear fruit, I pray that I can continue to position myself to pour into other men, to be the guy that encourages guys to put their trust, and plant their roots in the Lord.
I think about Paul….and his analogy of ‘the race’…..and at the end of his life/ministry he was kicking to the finish line. He still had a lot in him….God, keep me fresh and green.

No comments: