Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Psalm 90 - Knuckleheads

Psalm 90:12 Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.

I love this verse this verse this morning. To me, this verse is saying….give us perspective, Kingdom perspective, so that we aren’t knuckleheads.
I think if we truly gain perspective of the time we have on earth…as compared to eternity, things begin to look a lot different. The temporal things we work so hard for, pale in comparison. The lost brother…while he may be a screw up and be almost unlovable on earth….is condemned to die for sin.
I almost wonder if most of us don’t believe that Hell is a real place, or that separation from God…isn’t such a bad thing, for eternity.
God, I pray in my own life…that you wreck my stupid materialist, consumer, self-focused, temporal, insolent perspectives…and give me fresh new love for people and a heart of wisdom to minister to them. Protect me and my family as we wade through the mess where culture and Kingdom collide.

No comments: