Thursday, May 14, 2009

Psalm 70 – EmUrgency

Psalm 70 – EmUrgency
5 Yet I am poor and needy; come quickly to me, O God. You are my help and my deliverer; 
O LORD, do not delay.
Was David literally poor or needy?
I’m thinking this posture of David is one that we all need to take.
David could have said….Lord I got this world on a string….I am it’s king…what do you have to offer me, or better yet….what can I do for you today if I have time? Though that was never David’s heart….is it ours? We would never say that…. But I wonder if sometimes in our hearts that isn’t exactly what we give or say.
And I love that David seeks God’s urgency. I’ve done this so many times….but my prayers aren’t always answered in the manner or timing that I would have preferred.
As a parent, its one thing to be sitting in the living room watching the TV or talking to our wives….and one of the kids says…mom/dad can I get some help with this homework. We might say….give us a minute, or wait until the commercial. But one of our kids is hurt, or in trouble, or scared…..we drop everything to get there “without delay”.
David seeks God’s urgency….because he is in need.
As a Sovereign God, when we seek God urgently…and he responds to us, in his timing…..I wonder what that says? Maybe he is teaching us to wait on Him, maybe he is telling us He’s got this, maybe He is teaching us patience.

No comments: