Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Psalm 64 - Create/Fight Injustice

I wouldn’t say that I have been a political junkie in the past….but I did enjoy it. My dad got me hooked on it the first time he decided to run for city council. I was in 9th grade working his phone bank, putting out signs and just being as involved as a 15 year old can be. I went to breakfasts with him on Saturday morning, where he spoke to small groups of men about Economic Development and Tourism. I sat in his office as he and the mayor hammered out strategies and the way they thought the rest of the council would vote.
I learned early on the difference between conservative and liberal, I learned that I was conservative in platform and liberal in ideals….meaning….I was screwed up. I wanted all the things that government could provide….yet I wanted less government and government intrusion. I was pro-life, but I knew we couldn’t legislate morality (hasn’t worked yet). It seemed as though locally….I was a democrat, where I could see the money at work, and nationally I was a Republican. I loved Rush Limbaugh, yet I wanted local government to pass bonds for infrastructure and new ‘stuff’.
I wonder if anyone was as screwed up as me…with their affiliations? I tend to think they are…because man is selfish and tend to see the world as it relates to them….politically.
Well, I read the Psalm this morning, and my mind turned to politics.
Psalm 64:6 They plot injustice and say, 
 "We have devised a perfect plan!" Surely the mind and heart of man are cunning.

I know this over simplification….but;
Dems tend to tug at the heart strings….appeal to the down and out, a promise of a better tomorrow, we’ll take from the filthy rich and redistribute so that life is more fair. They are the advocate of the little man..and they fight the injustice put on them by the GOP.

GOPers tend to circle the wagons, protect against the "money grubbing" Dems, “say” they want to downsize government….all the while…they grow it, they are pro-life, promise a better tomorrow and they fight the injustice put on them by the Dems.

I must say, that I have grown cynical (at least nationally where the big money is) They both have the perfect plan…and it is to keep the people at bay, create injustice for the other side to rally against, keep themselves in office as long as possible, while projecting this image of working for us….and creating/fighting injustice!

No comments: