Saturday, June 13, 2009

More

Living 'missionally' or SENT is definitely an aspect of life that is both old and new for me. Having been 'called' to live on mission, before I really knew what that meant....Jenny and I basically served as best we could where God placed us.
You guys have got to know…that we have always been comfortable having people over, live with us, serving in one capacity or another….whether it was with youth, young adults, small groups ministry….but living ‘missionally’
has invaded and stretched us in ways that I didn’t think possible.
Invaded sounds kinda harsh…unwanted…but it was a new world to think that God not only called us to serve people who live like we do, in the same areas of town that we do, and go to the same schools or the same church….but he has called us to serve beyond our own little world…..in His.
When we responded to his call to live ‘missionally’ beyond our realm….we found life and love greater than we had ever experienced. When we trusted that when we “served the least” we WERE serving our Savior himself….we found joy that nourishes our souls.
As we begin this journey through the TK Primer…my prayer is that we can lay down the religious ‘baggage’ we bring in. We might not even realize we are carrying any. But I have heard some form of this conversation….. “I have been serving as hard as I can serve, attending church whenever the doors are open, I am a deacon or church volunteer of the decade….I have done every Beth Moore Precept study there is to do…and deep down I just know…there must be something more.”
Through living on mission….we will find….there is.

No comments: